The purpose of the St. Celestine School Board shall be to provide policy direction for all aspects of the formal education program of the Parish School as well as school sponsored activities, to promote the implementation of policies, and to insure that all local policies are in accord with the intent and spirit of the policies established for the school system by the Diocesan Board of Education. It shall also provide counsel and advice in the operation of the school.
Please check the School Board Forms and Newsletters on the right sidebar of this page.
School Board / Enrollment Committee Meetings
Our School Board and/ or Enrollment Committee meet monthly between September and May, usually on a Tuesday every month. Meetings will begin at 7 pm in the Lower Meeting Room / Teachers Lounge unless announced otherwise. The School Board is comprised of committees such as Public Relations and Finance. Additionally, the Board also has representation in Athletics, Legislative Action and Parents’ Club.
MEETING SCHEDULE FOR THE YEAR 2023-2024
- School Board – Tuesday, September 19 at 7 pm – VIRTUAL – CLICK HERE TO JOIN – Or join us by Phone: (US) +1 401-321-2921 PIN: 951 165 339#
- Enrollment Committee – Tuesday, October 24 at 7 pm at the School Teachers Lounge
- School Board – Tuesday, November 14 at 7 pm at the School Teachers Lounge
- Enrollment Committee – Tuesday, December 19 at 7 pm – VIRTUAL – CLICK HERE TO JOIN – Or join us by Phone: (US) +1 401-321-2921 PIN: 951 165 339#
- School Board and Enrollment Committee (Preparing for Catholic Schools Week) – Tuesday, January 16 at 7 pm at the School Teachers Lounge
- Enrollment Committee – Tuesday, February 20 at 7 pm at the School Teachers Lounge
- School Board – Tuesday, March 19 at 7 pm – VIRTUAL – CLICK HERE TO JOIN – Or join us by Phone: (US) +1 401-321-2921 PIN: 951 165 339#
- Enrollment Committee – Tuesday, April 23 at 7 pm – VIRTUAL – CLICK HERE TO JOIN – Or join us by Phone: (US) +1 401-321-2921 PIN: 951 165 339#
- School Board and Enrollment Committee (End of the Year celebration) – Tuesday, May 21 at 7 pm at the School Teachers Lounge
Become a part of the conversation! It’s your child’s education – plan to attend!
The time commitment includes one Board meeting a month, additional monthly meetings as required depending on the committee you represent and service to the school and parish for various events such as Catholic Schools Week and possible community events.
Anyone interested in joining the St. Celestine School Board must be at least 18 years old and a parishioner for at least 1 year to be eligible for School Board membership. You must attend two School Board meetings in a row to be installed/voted on at the third meeting. If interested, please contact St. Celestine School Principal Sheila Klich, or any School Board member for an application.
The St. Celestine School Board appreciates your interest and looks forward to your input.
For thousands of patients with leukemia or other blood diseases like aplastic anemia and sickle cell, a marrow transplant is their only hope. 14,000 patients per year need a transplant from someone outside their family. Help us save more lives.
You can help by joining the Be The Match (www.bethematch.org) marrow registry.
- Be 18-44 years old and in good health.
- Make a commitment to help any patient with whom you might be a match.
- Use this link to join the registry: https://join.bethematch.org/STCELESTINE.
After you sign up online, all it takes is a simple cheek swab, which gives Be The Match a sample of your DNA. Once you are on the registry, you will be automatically included in searches to see if you are a match for thousands of patients in need of a life-saving transplant. It’s very important that you return the swab kit for you to be included in the registry.
For more information about marrow donation, contact Anna Michalczyk at (847) 260-2716 or email@example.com.